5 Best Moisturizers for Men With Oily Skin in 2020
Many men do not feel that they need a moisturizer. In fact, quite a few may not even have a skincare regimen. Some may only wash their face with bar soap when they shower. There are some males that do wash their face with a special cleanser, but more needs to be done. The truth of the matter is that all men need a moisturizer, just as ladies do.
Men have the same issues that many women do- dry skin, flaky patches, oily skin. Males can apply their moisturizer after they have shaved, and again at night to lock in moisture while they sleep.
How Do Moisturizers Work?
When men add a moisturizer to their skin, it works to create softer, smoother skin. The skin will be able to lock in moisture while repairing the skin barrier.
In order for moisturizers to work best on men with oily skin, the skin needs to be cleansed prior to application. The skin should be washed twice per day, once in the morning and once again at night. If the face is excessively oily, a third time can be added during the middle of the day.
Only luke-warm water should be used. Skip the harsh bar soaps and wash with a cleanser that is made for oily skin.
Why Do Men With Oily Skin Need a Moisturizer?
Men with oily skin need a moisturizer for many reasons. The skin can become damaged when outside elements, such as pollution, UV rays, and other factors harm the moisture barrier. This will cause a loss of moisture. The skin will need to compensate for this, so it produces an overabundance of oil.
If moisturizer is added, the skin will not need to produce so much oil, hence why men should apply moisturizer to their oily skin.
What to Look for When Selecting a Moisturizer for Oily Skin
There are various factors that men with oily skin should look for when selecting a moisturizer for their skin.
- Oil-free – You will need to look for a face lotion that is oil-free. This will not add any extra oil to the face.
- Light-weight – The best moisturizers for oily skin are light-weight. Those that feel heavy or greasy will make it so you do not feel like applying every day.
- Non-comedogenic – Look for a moisturizer that will not clog your pores. This will lessen the likelihood that your skin will develop acne or blackheads.
Best Moisturizers for Men With Oily Skin Comparison Chart
5 Best Moisturizers for Men With Oily Skin
Here we have compiled five of the best moisturizers for men who suffer from oily skin.
1. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Gel-Cream Face Moisturizer
This non-comedogenic moisturizing face gel delivers rapid hydration to the skin because of the hyaluronic acid that it contains. This moisturizer is dye-free, oil-free, and fragrance-free. Long-lasting moisture will be added into the skin when this is applied.
- Absorbs quickly
- Quenches skin
- Leaves skin soft and supple
- Dermatologist recommended brand
- 1.7-ounce jar
2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Facial Moisturizer
This gentle oil-free face moisturizer is perfect for men with sensitive skin. It is alcohol, oil, and fragrance-free. The formula is hypoallergenic and will not clog your pores. This light-weight moisturizer can be applied morning or evening. The active ingredients in this Neutrogena moisturizer are Avobenzone (1.5 percent), Octisalate (5 percent), Octocrylene (3 percent), and Oxybenzone (4 percent).
- Vanishes into the skin, leaving it soft without being greasy or oily
- Feather-light formula
- Dermatologist tested
- Gentle for sensitive skin
- Helps to prevent premature signs of aging
- Long-lasting hydration
- 4 Fluid ounce pump bottle
3. Hydra-Genius Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer by L’Oreal Paris
A light-weight moisturizer formulated with hyaluronic acid, this water-based formula delivers severe hydration to the skin. There are three different types of moisturizer that will provide a different finish for the face.
Those with oily skin should use liquid moisturizer for normal to oily skin. This formula will balance out the skin and remove extra oil. Skin feels softer, supple, and looks better as excess shine is reduced.
It will hydrate the skin for up to 72 hours. Aloe water is a key ingredient for lock-in power. Aloe water contains 75 nutritional elements including 12 minerals, 27 amino acids, and 6 vitamins, including Vitamin C & Vitamin E which aid in providing hydrating and soothing properties.
- 3.04 fluid ounce pump bottle
- Made with 3 types of hyaluronic acid
- Air-light formula
- Matte finish
4. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Facial Moisturizer with Salicylic Acid
With a light-weight formula that will quickly be absorbed into the skin, this Neutrogena moisturizer is formulated with salicylic acid. This ingredient dissolves dead skin cells and other debris that can cause acne. It helps to regulate the skin cells. The oil-free moisturizer is infused with a pink grapefruit scent by a naturally derived pink grapefruit extract. This water-based formula will not clog pores and is non-greasy. It can be used 1 to 3 times daily.
- 4 fluid ounce pump bottle
- Dual-action formula- moisturizing while fighting acne
- From the #1 recommended dermatologist brand
5. Aveeno Clear Complexion Salicylic Acid Acne-Fighting Daily Face Moisturizer
This salicylic acid moisturizer contains a total soy complex which improves the overall health of the skin by evening out textures and skin tones. The skin will be left feeling soft and smooth.
No chemical solvents are used in this fast-absorbing moisturizer. It is gentle enough to use every day.
- Oil-free, non-comedogenic, and hypoallergenic
- Can be used by those that have sensitive skin
- 4 fluid ounce pump bottle
- Helps to even out blotchy skin and discoloration
- Transforms dull skin into radiant skin
All men need a daily moisturizer to protect the skin, even men with oily skin. These five moisturizers are the best ones that we found on the market to leave men’s skin hydrated without a heavy or greasy feeling.
Once your skin has become acclimated to applying moisturizer daily, your skin will cease to produce as much oil. Therefore, applying a daily moisturizer has huge benefits.